Sunday, February 24, 2019

The Twelve Magic Changelings Paper Dolls--Two Bonus Dolls


These two paper dolls are marked as copyrighted in 1906 by the Frederick A. Stokes Company, which I don't know much about except that it published the 12 Magic Changelings book that I posted the paper dolls from a while back. I found these two here, from the New York Public Library Digital Collections. They match the other twelve in style, so I wonder if they were made at the same time and not chosen for the book, or whether there was another book, or what. There wasn't a lot of context associated with them besides the year and the publisher. Anyhow, I have made them printable by removing the aged paper background (to use less ink) and brightening them up a little. I also repaired a nick in the hare's ear and a scratch on the turtle's face. So, they've been cleaned up very slightly and sized to go onto standard paper but not really altered otherwise. Instructions on how to put them together after printing are on my earlier blog post here.


No comments:

Post a Comment