Tuesday, December 3, 2013

November and Then Christmas



Well, I've certainly been off the radar for a bit, haven't I?  But I've completed another successful National Novel Writing Month (go to nanowrimo.org if you aren't familiar with NaNoWriMo) and am ready to go back to picture book land. It being the Christmas season, however, I'm taking a bit of a break from the photography and am experimenting with what I tend to think of as digital finger painting. That pretty much means using an app on a tablet computer with a touchscreen to "paint" elements for a picture, then Photoshopping those elements together.  The picture above is a bit of an example. I just threw together a few graphics without bothering to resize anything, but I actually kind of like the result; it's bright and quirky, and what better way to describe any of my projects than bright and quirky? If this experiment turns out well, I might actually have a proof copy ready before Christmas, since I already have the text of a children's Christmas story that's been waiting at least three years to have something done with it. I still need to paint and trim a few more elements before I start on the actual finished illustrations, but it's going very quickly at the moment. Expect a few more posts on this project before I go back to doing much with the pipe cleaners, though I am still working on that project also, slowly but surely.

No comments:

Post a Comment