Sunday, February 12, 2023

Realistic Heart Valentine--Hot Air Balloon

 

Vintage valentine shows a flowery hot air balloon with a heart instead of a basket. The heart is pierced with a golden arrowA hole is torn in the heart, revealing an anatomical heart diagram. On the balloon is written "With love from thy valentine."  Beside the balloon is written "My heart is light, my heart is free. I send it with fond love to thee."

I saw an old valentine on the New York Public Library Digital Collections web site (find the original here) and just couldn't resist adding an anatomical heart. It wasn't available in as high a resolution as I would have liked, but if anyone wants to print a few copies of my altered version, here is a sheet of four. You can also find a similar valentine I made in 2020 here



No comments:

Post a Comment