Sunday, October 13, 2024

Mayetta Pioneer Days 2024

 

A woman in a red shirt and flowered sunbonnet sits smiling behind a table full of books.

I had a rather eventful trip to Kansas last weekend, for the Oct. 5th Mayetta Pioneer Days celebration. My family was supposed to meet up and share a booth space, but my parents didn't make it there due to surprise health issues (all appears to be well now, but not in time to make it to the party). The rest of us managed to have fun anyway. Here's a picture of me that morning at my newly-set-up book table, wearing my sunbonnet because it was Pioneer Days. The sun came out later on, but so did the wind. I tried taping my book stands in place, but in the end I had to take about half of them down and just lay the books flat so they wouldn't keep blowing over. I did sell several books, so that was nice, and I gave away a lot of advertising bookmarks.


Two young boys stand watching a woman doing rope tricks. She is spinning a big loop around herself.



Here's a picture of my kids watching the rope spinning demonstration. None of my still shots from that turned out--maybe because I didn't realize my flash was on, which slowed down the shutter speed--so I took a screenshot from the video I recorded. The rope spinning demonstration is always my favorite activity at Pioneer Days.

A young boy waves at a parade float drawn by a riding lawnmower.


The battery for my phone didn't last through the day very well, so I couldn't use it to take photos of the parade at the end. My aunt let me borrow her phone to get a few shots, though, and I like this one of my kid waving at a float. It was a busy day that didn't exactly go as planned, but I was definitely glad I went. 


No comments:

Post a Comment